East Riverfront RFQ Presentations - Open to the public
Jan 26, 2016 - 9:00am to Jan 27, 2016 - 5:30pm
The Detroit RiverFront Conservancy and the City of Detroit Planning Department are inviting the public to help shape the future of the East Riverfront District.
Seven teams comprised of some of the nation’s leading design firms and development experts will compete to plan the future of Detroit’s East Riverfront District. Presentations of their qualifications and design philosophy will take place over two days and is open to the public.
The presentations will take place on Tuesday, January 26 between 9 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. and January 27 from 8:30 to 11:15 a.m. at the Outdoor Adventure Center, which is located at 1801 Atwater in downtown Detroit.
The interviews have been divided into three time blocks which include;
Morning - January 26th, 2016
- Balmori Associates in collaboration with Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, Atelier 10, HR&A Advisors, Giffels Webster, Hamilton-Anderson Associates (9:00AM-10:15AM)
- BJH Advisors in collaboration with FXFOWLE, Sam Schwartz Engineering, Hargreaves Associates (10:30AM-11:45AM)
Afternoon - January 26th, 2016
- STOSS Landscape Urbanism in collaboration with Studio Gang, Hamilton-Anderson Associates, James Lima Planning + Development, Ninigret Partners, Elnora Austell & Associates, LimnoTech, Sam Schwartz Engineering, Somat Engineering, Applied Ecological Systems (1:00PM-2:15PM)
- Partnership for Architecture and Urbanism (PAU) in collaboration with Hood Studio, HR&A Advisors, Giffels Webster (2:30PM-3:45PM)
- Skidmore Owings & Merrill (SOM) in collaboration with MDP-IHA, Mohsen Mostafavi; Harvard GSD, McIntosh Poris, HR&A Advisors, Develop Detroit (4:00PM-5:15PM)
Morning - January 27th, 2016
- Gensler in collaboration with The Office of James Burnett, BuroHappold, HR&A Advisors, Giffels Webster (8:30AM-9:45AM)
- Utile in collaboration with HR&A, City Form Detroit, Made Studio LLC, Nelson Nygaard (10:00AM-11:15AM)
Guests who attend the presentations will have opportunities to provide feedback to the selection committee. The winning firm will be announced in February. Please click the button below to register for this FREE event.